It’s surprising how rare it is to find a comprehensive accounting service in large and mid-tier accountancy firms these days especially when such a service integrates so naturally with audit, tax and advisory requirements.
Apart from keeping you abreast of the precise financial state of your business, our accounting services will keep you compliant with accounting standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Practices for smaller entities (small GAAP).
The basic accounting solutions and principles are applied to your management accounts and we focus on compliance with accounting standards through:
- record keeping for smaller companies, owner-managed businesses, close corporations, trusts, sole proprietors and partnerships
- preparation of accounting records from source documentation through to trial balances and financial statements
- regular maintenance of financial records: processing financial transactions, bank reconciliations, management accounts, assisting clients with VAT, PAYE calculations and other statutory returns and the setting-up of systems by your designated accounts clerk
- assistance with tax returns once the financial statements have been signed off and the submission to SARS
- preparation of budgets and monthly management reporting accounts and the monitoring of actual results against budgets
- keeping accurate and reliable accounts, proving more cost-effective by helping you avoid penalties
Falling behind in your accounting is a common problem for smaller companies who are caught up in the daily priorities of running a business. And many entities continue in this way until something triggers the need to get them in order, and quickly. It could be an imminent tax deadline, the need for emergency funding, or the need for a tax clearance certificate, among others. Our competent personnel will step in to update your accounting records, produce a set of financial statements and make sure you meet your immediate regulatory and tax deadlines, to stringent deadlines. Once the urgent compliance with accounting standards has been completed, we can help you structure your business for maximum tax efficiency and profitability.
We are passionate about ensuring that your accounting requirements are handled professionally and stay up to standard. We are flexible in our accounting solutions and can be contracted in on a project basis to clean up your accounts (project accountant), short-term arrangement or a fixed monthly billing, agreed in advance.
Our competent personnel are on-hand to assist you on an ad-hoc or permanent basis on-site or off depending on your business requirements and we can either bring in our own team to assist you or upskill and train your staff while managing the accounts.
In an effort to provide a seamless accounting solution, we can assist you in the setting up of Pastel and provide training and on-going support to your staff.